Thursday 13 October 2011

What is the Difference Between Barbecuing and Grilling?


!±8± What is the Difference Between Barbecuing and Grilling?

What is the difference?

Since mankind first started rubbing two sticks together to make fire we have been cooking food to sustain life and flourish. Fire, One of the oldest inventions known to man and probably one of the most important. OK, so what is the difference between Barbequing and Grilling? Well to put it in simple terms Grilling is when you cook directly over or under a direct source of heat and Barbequing is when you cook to the side of the heat.

Many of the modern day grills that you can buy on the market today allow you to do both and it doesn't matter what heat source you are using, Gas, Charcoal or Electric. I must admit that I do use all 3 because each has there own advantages and disadvantages. Gas fired grills are so convenient, turn on the gas, light and within seconds you are ready to start cooking. Easy clean up and now you can get smoker trays that allow you to place smoker wood into the grill to give you that smoked flavor.

Cooking with Charcoal has to be my favorite, I can't really tell you why just to say that there is something unique that you get with charcoal, maybe it is the flavor, the smoke or perhaps it is slightly nostalgic. I just remember growing up and my father would cook occasionally using Charcoal ( I say occasionally because I grew up in London so there weren't to many times when you could actually get the Grill out, maybe that is what made it such a treat) I remember slightly cremated Pork chops and Pork Bangers that to me just tasted so wonderful. The disadvantage is clearing out the ashes but what a small price to pay for such great tasting food.

I use from time to time an Electric Smoker. I have just got some amazing results and being a bit of a novice when it comes to using a smoker anything that has worked has done wonders for my cooking ego. I smoked a 7LB Turkey Crown with Citrus wood soaked for a day and then placed around the bottom by the element. When the turkey was done after several hours it looked like a picture from a Betty Crocker cook book and after I let it rest for about half an hour and then cut into it the juices just came gushing out. I was so impressed. WOW.

Well, you may have guessed by now that I have a real passion for outdoor cooking. I love to eat good food so I am always trying to invent or doing something a little different but that does not mean that I don't like a Steak done over the grill. I have found that there is something special to cooking on a grill out in the yard or by a lake, on the beach or wherever. It is like going to a party, How often do we end up in the kitchen even if it is the smallest room in the house? So cooking outside makes sense and what a great way to create some great memories with family and friends.

I worked for many years in the Entertainment industry and someone once told me that "Life is not a dress rehearsal" Embrace what you can and have fun.


What is the Difference Between Barbecuing and Grilling?

Capresso Coffeeteam Sale




No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。







Sponsor Links